Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Finish This - Week 8

On Monday, I took Know-it-All to King's Island for the first time.  He loved the "old fashioned" roller coasters not the new fangled ones.  The best moment was when we rode the Vortex, a favorite of mine from 20 years ago.  He held my hand the entire time during the first time we rode the roller coaster for reassurance.



Waiting to ride the Racer

I loved spending time with my oldest son.  We really bonded during our time together.

Now onto the Finish this prompts . . . 


It's never too late . . . to reconnect with people from your past that have made an impact on in your life.  I've been fortunate in the last few months to find some of my friends or coworkers from the Disney College Program.  This September it will be 19 years since I traveled down to Lake Buena Vista for the experience that would change my life.  I met many people while down there and lost contact with them.  It's good to reconnect with people who went through similar experiences as I did.


I compare myself to others . . . 
I do this in regards to looks.  It's a trait of mine that I don't like and am trying to remedy.  

My personality is . . . a little grumpy (don't want to see this side of me), happy go lucky, silly at times, and serious.  

I can . . . recall memories by listening to songs that remind me of the event.  Today I was driving down the road and "I Think I'm Alone Now" by Tiffany came on.  I recalled that almost 30 years I heard for the first time at church because one of the older youth members played it.  I don't recall the girl's name or any more details just that was the first place I heard it.

Another thing I can do is read upside down.  As a special education teacher, that is a great skill to have because a lot of times a student will ask me to help them.  If I'm sitting across from them, I don't want them to turn the book around for me.  I'll just read the text upside down.

I embrace change . . . fairly well.  I've been moved from buildings at work a lot.  I've changed grade levels at work sometimes after the school year has begun.  My case load has changed numerous times even after the school year is half way over.  So I've learned how to embrace change.

Prompts for WEEK 27 (July 9) are:For July 4, I celebrated by …


My go-to cosmetic product is …


I am inspired by …


The best relationship advice I received was …


When no one is around, I tend to …




1 comment:

  1. I think all educators (teachers) are born with the ability to adapt to change. It's a requirement! Glad you enjoyed King's Island. Gosh, I haven't been there in 15-20 years!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.