Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Finish This - Week 9

Last night I did an impromptu photo shoot with the boys.  Crazy One just turned 9 and Know-it-All is going to be 11 on Friday.  I wanted to take their 9 and 11 year old pictures.  That was fun!  Not!  Know-it-All was not very willing to get his picture.  I got a few good ones of the boys.









The boys have a new habit of wrapping their arms around the other's neck.  It looks as though they are choking each other but they are not.



I will share my absolute favorite picture of the each boy on Friday in my Catch the Moment post.




Dobby, our dog, enjoys being outside in the grass especially 
when the lawn has been been mowed.  While the boys were getting their photos taken, he was rolling around in the grass.





When I wasn't taking pictures of the boys or Dobby, I was sitting in this chair enjoying the sunshine and a homemade toffee iced coffee.  Yum!



Now onto the completion of the prompts for this week:


For July 4, I celebrated by . . . 
1.  Walked in the town's annual parade with Know-It-All.  Actually he rode in the back of a truck and helped with a Pinewood Derby race.  
The theme of our Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts' float was Scouts is Wheely Fun.  They had a Pinewood Derby track set up and had races going on while we were on the parade route.



2.  Took a nap because I had to wait 2 hours for our float to move and then had to walk the route of the parade.  Part of my body was aching.

3.  Ate at my mother-in-law's house for dinner - burgers and chips

4.  Sang to Know-it-All because his birthday is this coming Friday.  His cousin and aunt will were in town for the Fourth and won't be in town for his birthday so we sang to him early.


5.  Went to fireworks with Hubby, my mother-in-law, and boys.



My go-to cosmetic products are . . .  
1.  Covergirl's BB cream
2.  Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder
3.  Rimmel's Bronzer
4.  Either Covergirl's Lashblast or Maybelline's Lashblast Mascara - Waterproof for both



I am inspired by . . .  some of my photography - I really learned to appreciate nature when I started to take photos for a hobby 4 years ago.  I've always liked to take pictures but really pursued it as a hobby when I took a photography class through our local park.  Since then, I've started to really appreciate nature.  God's world is absolutely beautiful!  We just need to take time to appreciate it.

Here a few of my pictures:









The best relationship advice I received was . . . to let it go.  Sometimes I obsess over what people have said or done.  I can't let things go.  (I had a falling out the other day with someone who had been close to me.  The person told me that a parental decision I made was wrong.  It made me upset but now I'm trying to just let it go.)
When I'm talking about letting things go, I'm talking about the small things that can't be changed.


When no one is around, I tend to . . . sing to myself while listening to music especially when I am in my car.

I hope you have a great week!

Next week's prompts:

The only thing standing between me and ____ is
I don’t have to be perfect to be
I would improve ____ by





2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your kids. I think I like the second face close up the best... I <3 freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful photographs! Thanks for linking up with us this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.