Monday, July 7, 2014

Our Menu Plan for the Week (July 7) - with a recipe

I'm taking part in a pantry challenge and trying to use up some of my food from my freezer and pantry.

Sunday - Green beans, ham, and potatoes in the slow cooker (My grandma's recipe except she used canned green beans and I used fresh green beans.), corn on the cob, and fried zucchini



Monday  - Roast with tomato sauce (I put a roast in the crock pot and then cover it with either a small or large can of tomato sauce over the roast.  The size of the can of tomato sauce depends on the size of your roast.  Cook it on low for 8 to 10 hours.), buttered orzo pasta, bread, and left over corn on cob

Tuesday - Hubby is going to have left overs.  The boys and I are going to be eating a picnic dinner with my mom and her friend who is in town.  I hope the weather holds out.

Wednesday - Spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker using the remainder of the zucchini, bread, fruit and veggies

Thursday - Pork and gravy sandwiches, french fries, fruit and veggies

Friday - Chicken kebobs from the freezer, rice from the freezer, mixed veggies from the freezer

Saturday - Breakfast for dinner

Now onto the recipe:

Corn on the Cob in the Slow Cooker


Stars of the recipe:

  • corn on the cob - shucked and rinsed off
  • foil
  • slow cooker

Steps:

  1. Wrap each cob in a piece of foil.
  2. Place the foil wrapped cobs of corn in a slow cooker.
  3. Cover with the lid.
  4. Cook on high for 1 to 2 hours.  (I cooked mine for 2 hours.
  5. Enjoy with butter, salt, or your favorite corn toppings.

All of the family loved the corn cooked this way especially Crazy One.  I can't wait until I get corn from my local farmer's market so I can make more corn that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.