Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Finish This - Week 3

2 more weeks left . . .  Students are getting anxious and excited about the summer vacation.  I keep getting emails about making sure I'm having them do structured activities.  I'm still making them do work in my classroom.  Some of the students complain but others are still trudging along with the work.

The best mistake I ever made is not really a mistake.  My family thought it was a mistake.  It was when I was pregnant with Know-It-All.  Hubby and I were married for 3 years and it was my 3rd year of teaching.  Hubby and I decided to try to have a child.  We quickly got pregnant with Know-It-All.  When some of my family found out I was pregnant, they thought it was a mistake.  

From this mistake I learned how to love someone unconditionally.  I also learned a lot of useful/useless facts.  He is a walking encyclopedia of information.  Know-It-All loves to read!  Then he loves to share his knowledge.  

When I'm anxious, I tell myself - I don't really tell myself anything.  However when I'm really anxious and stressed I have 2 songs I love to play.  (Usually it is because of something happening at work.)

One is Pink's Perfect.  I know I'm not perfect.  During the times, I'm stressed or feel as though I've made a mistake I need to remember I shouldn't let myself fall into the trap of being down on myself.  Life happens and bad things happen.  I'm only human.

Another song is Linkin' Park's Numb.  Even though the song is about a kid feeling pressure from her parents to live up to their expectations, I feel as a teacher I need to live up to certain expectations that I can't always fulfill.  I need to be more like myself.

 

If I'm having a really tough day, I play these songs to let out these frustrations I'm feeling.

All I really want to do is travel the world.  I would love to see different lands and to take photos.  If I had the money and time, that's what I would do.


Next Week's Prompts:
I conquer fear …
I follow my heart …
I feed my soul by …
I used to worry about ____ but then I …

You can also finish this week's prompts either on your blog or in my comments.

Have a great day!  Be more loving, accepting, and tolerable today.  And laugh a little or a lot.




16 comments:

  1. I would love to have the time and resources to travel more too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I won the lottery, I would take a year off and travel the world. Until then it's a dream of mine.

      Delete
  2. Ah, traveling the world would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love travel but only if I was guaranteed that nothing bad would happen.. I am a super paranoid person when it comes to flying and leaving my country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only left the United States once and it was to the Canadian Niagara Falls. I would love to go out of the United States and nothing bad happen.

      Delete
  4. It's cute that you call your kid Know it all so funny. I have one just like that reads everything and I wonder if he really does know it all sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was climbing a tree the other day. I told him not to any further because I didn't want to call 911. He then proceeded to tell me about the 1st 911 call. All while hanging from the tree.

      Delete
  5. love those 2 songs you picked. Music is a huge stress outlet for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turn the volume up in the car and allow myself to forget about being stressed out.

      Delete
  6. Travel seems to be a theme! If only it wasn't so darn expensive, right?! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I'd had a nick name it probably would have been know it all too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His dad's nickname is Cliff Clavin. (Cheers reference - Cliff knew a lot and shared his knowledge.)

      Delete
  8. I love your favorite mistake :)
    A blessing is what Mr. Know It All is :)

    And I'd love to travel too...but I don't know that I could on my own. Or even would want to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was able to travel the world, I would probably have the whole family. The boys would be homeschooled.

      He is a blessing. :)

      Delete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.