Sunday, September 27, 2015

Apple Fest Part 1

For the past few years, I've gone to the annual Apple Fest at a local farm.  I go every year but who I go with changes from year to year.  This year it was only Hubby and Crazy One since Know-it-All was camping.  

One of Know-it-All's advisors from Boy Scouts gave me tickets for the Apple Fest.

Here are some pictures from the Apple Fest:

The University of Dayton had a river mobile truck.  So we checked it out.  The truck was a mobile educational display about the water around our area.  




Standing on our area



After we checked out the river mobile truck, we went into the educational center.  The farm is also a preschool so there is plenty of educational experiences.  

Outside the educational center
Playing on the rocking cow
Since it was lunchtime, Hubby and I immediately got food to eat.  He had a brat.  Crazy One had a hot dog.  I had a grilled cheese sandwich.  

Crazy One enjoyed playing in their dirt/ tunnel area.  He got SO dirty.

We went over to the cider press area because the advisor was volunteering at the cider press.  Even though it was not ready for Crazy One to press apples, we enjoyed drinking fresh pressed apple cider.  Crazy One also enjoyed seeing the therapy dogs that were in the next booth.



Waiting for the cider press
Since we had to wait a few minutes for the cider press, Hubby and I decided to walk around a little bit.  Crazy One didn't want us to walk too far away from the cider press.
Trying fresh apple butter


Finally it was time to press some apples.  Boy was Crazy One excited!



They have a kids' activity area that was a great place for Crazy One.  He enjoyed playing with the corn hole game.  Actually he just kept throwing the bean bags.  He got his Pikachu hat that he kept getting compliments for.


Meeting Johnny Appleseed






We continued to have a great time at the Apple Fest.  I will share those adventures with you on another day.

To see the photographs of the Monarch butterfly caterpillars follow this link.

Thank you for reading about my crazy life,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.