Saturday, October 18, 2014

Songs that Remind Me of My College Program in 1995

I recently joined the Walt Disney World College Program's Disney Alumni group.  It's been great having "discussions" with other people who have experienced the same life changing experience.

One of the threads was songs' that remind you of your experience on the College Program.  I listed 3 but there a few more that remind me of the time down there.  Each song has a different meaning to me.

"Be My Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.  I will always remember sitting at Traditions, their orientation, watching this video.  You were to treat each and every guest as though they were the only one there.  Create magic whenever you can.

"Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas.  I worked as Soundstage Restaurant in Disney-MGM Studios.  It was a Pocahontas themed restaurant with a big Grandma Willow tree in the middle.  "Colors of the Wind" was on continuous loop and as a cashier I heard the song over and over again.  Probably 1000 times during my month in the restaurant.

"You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story.  The first Toy Story came out in November of 1995 during my time down in WDW.  

The rest of the songs that remind me of my College Program times are not Disney songs.

Coolio's Gangsta Paradise.  This is the song that mostly reminds me of the time as a College Program participant.  My roommates were International College Participants (France, Norway, Italy, and Great Britain).  A few of them loved this song.  It was play constantly in Apt. 802 of Vista Way.  They expected to tell me what the song means so I made something up.  I have it on my playlist on my phone so whenever I'm feeling nostalgic I play it.

I've recently been in contact with Celine, my roommate from France.  She and I both remember "Gangsta' Paradise" with nostalgia.  

Jordan Hill's Remember Me This Way.  I have the lyrics to this song written in my memory book.  

The lyrics to the song really describe meeting all the new people while down there.
"Every now and then we find a special friend
Who never lets us down
Who understands it all, reaches out each time you fall
You're the best friend that I've found

I know you can't stay, a part of you will never ever go away
Your heart will stay
I'll make a wish for you and hope it will come true
That life would just be kind to such a gentle mind

If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way

I don't need eyes to see the love you bring to me
No matter where I go
And I know that you'll be there
Forever more a part of me, you're everywhere

I'll always care
I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind to such a gentle mind

If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way

And I'll be right behind your shoulder watching you
I'll be standing by your side and all you do
And I won't ever leave as long as you believe
You just believe

I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind
To such a gentle mind

And if you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way
This way"


Alanis Morisette's "You Oughta Know."  Kenny was one of my co-workers at Sunset Ranch Market.  For some reason, he drove me home one day and we talked about Alanis Morisette and this song.  

Hope you like my walk down memory lane,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.