Friday, October 21, 2016

Mistake



It's a mistake not to give people a chance to learn to depend on themselves while they are young. - Walt Disney



Mistake - An error in judgement


The word mistake can be such a harsh word.  When you tell people they made a mistake, they can become defensive.  


However the word mistake can also bring about a change in a person.  They learn from that mistake and become a better person.


I've made so many mistakes in my life.  Some of which I learned from and some that I regret.  


One mistake I made is not telling my sister how much I truly loved her and wanted her in my life.  I never told her how much her life mattered to everyone.  I never told her that she really needed to lose weight and go to the doctor.  This is a mistake that I will live with for the rest of my life.  


It's been almost two months since she died suddenly.


One moment she was her and then the next she was gone.  


Even though I can tell her in prayers that I miss her.  


Even though I can write her dear Tanya letter, I can never truly tell her those things I need to say.  


I can never give her a hug.  


My boys cannot tell their aunt they love her.


That is one mistake I will regret forever.


How can I change that mistake into something positive in my life?

I can tell people that I love them.  I can tell people how much I appreciate them in my life.

Another way I changed from that mistake is starting to write more.  It's a way for me to write out how I am feeling.

What is one way you have learned from a mistake?  What is one mistake that you regret in your life?




Welcome to Ramblings of my Crazy Life!
Thank you for reading about my crazy life,
Traci
Mama’s Losin’ It

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Do things now. I'd add "let go of grudges" & forgive on top of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! It is devastating to lose someone so prematurely. I have no doubt she knows exactly how you feel and would not want you to spend another moment feeling regretful!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.