Friday, May 20, 2016

Goodbye to the 2015-2016 school year

As I'm getting ready to say good-bye to my 16th group of students, there is some sadness.  This group may have driven me crazy at times.  They may have made me laugh.  They may have made me cry.  Most of all they have made me proud.  

I'll always remember:

  • Christopher Columbus (inside joke with one of my girls)
  • It's my birthday! (EVERY single day for two to three months straight from one of my boys)
  • Dabbing
  • Hitting the Quan
  • Burfing (Lying)
  • Watch Me
  • Stephen Curry
  • Using vocabulary words (One of my students will remember me using vocabulary words in my conversations with them.)
  • Starbase

I'll remember the special note from one of my parents thanking me for making his fifth grade year a great year.

I'll remember the giant hug one of my students gave me.  If I was to say who I made the most impact on, he was not on my list.  He asked me if I was going to ever see him again.  He wanted me to go onto 6th grade with him.  At 2:50 on May 25th, I said goodbye to him.  He gave me the biggest bear hug as he told me that he loved me.  Thank you D.W. for leaving me with that memory!

I want all of them to know they are all special individuals.  (I've been working on self confidence all year.)

I love all of you!  This is my wish for you.



We've made it!  Thank you for making my 16th year of teaching memorable.


Thank you for reading about my crazy life,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.