Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Canadian Driving Part 1

During our Spring Break, we traveled to Niagara Falls and then to Toronto, Canada.  While Hubby was driving, I took some pictures of signs and other things I noticed that were somewhat different from Ohio.

1.  Instead of merge right, the signs in Toronto tell you to squeeze left.  We were confused at first but then realized what the signs actually meant.  It's left over from the French influence in Ontario.
 photo IMG_0469_zpsvkmst4dl.jpg

2.  On some of the Toronto city streets, they had this sign.  Pedestrians can cross in the middle of the block at the cross walk when the light is red light is lit.


 photo IMG_0477_zps6mqznmwa.jpg

3.  Just one of the signs announcing the next exit.  The tower behind it is the CN Tower.  It's a landmark that is famous in Toronto.  I knew we didn't have time to actually visit it.  I just wanted a picture of the tower.  I have a few pictures.

 photo 18387f89-495d-4871-8afa-7fe979718f3b_zpslxp78ueo.jpg

4.  Whenever there was a new town or city on the highway we took between Niagara Falls and Toronto and on the 401, there was a sign with the city or town's name on it and the population of that town or city.


 photo Spring Break 2016 2 5_zps9b0csiay.jpg

5.  This the carpool lane approaching Toronto.  Once there was no more carpool lanes, the far left lanes had signs saying that no trucks were suppose to be in that lane.  They also had signs telling people not to drive on the shoulder.

 photo Spring Break 2016 2 11_zpsysmtfxem.jpg

6.  The toll roads were interesting.  Either you had a transponder which calculates your toll or the cameras will take a picture of your back license plate.  They will then send you a bill for your toll.  Here is more information about the toll road.  We were thoroughly confused with the whole toll because we were expected to have to pay while driving.
 photo 20160402_095022_zps8np5ef6t.jpg


I have more pictures that I took while we were driving.  I'll share them on another post.

Thank you for reading about my crazy life,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.