Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Fortieth Birthday Disney Cruise - Post #6

Post #5

On everyone's Key to the World card there are abbreviations, a number, and a letter.  The abbreviations refer to your dining rotation and the number refers to your table number.  The letter refers to which emergency evacuation group you are in.  Each group has a specific area you are to meet in.  We were in group N.  Group O also met in the same area we did.  The funny thing is that our group met in one of the bars.

Loud warning signals were blasted throughout the ship.  They also scanned your Key to the World card so NO ONE was going to miss this mandatory meeting.

During the meeting, they showed you how to activate the life preservers and what you should bring with you in case of an emergency.  They informed you where the life preservers were located in your cabin.  (Pictures of the life preservers in a later post.)

I swear one of the demonstrators looked like Will Smith during Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  I tried to get a pic of him but he looked at me so that didn't happen.

We constantly walked through an area called the District which had different bars/clubs with specific themes.

When I went to the bathroom in the District, it was so cool.  The room was like a circle and the door was an arc.  Of course, I had to take a picture of the bathroom.

One of the club/bars was called Pink after "Pink Elephants" in Dumbo.




Next stop was going to the Sailing Away party.  Can you imagine the majority of the ship on decks 11, 12, and 13?  It was pure mayhem.  







Once the sailing away party was finished or we were tired of being stuck in the mayhem, we went back to our cabin. 

Magically 2 of our 3 bags were at our doorway.  Hubby was concerned because the third bags was not there.  They still had about 45 minutes left until all the bags were to be delivered so I suggested we wait until that time before complaining.  I'll let you know in a future blog post whether the bag showed up or not.

Next up was the Broadway show "The Golden Mickeys."  

In the next blog post, I will talk about "The Golden Mickeys" and our favorite deck.

Until next time, have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.