Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Fortieth Birthday Disney Cruise - Post #2

Post #1

We did not need to retrieve our luggage once we were down in the Orlando airport because our luggage was going to magically turn up in our cabin on the Disney Dream.

We ended up wandering around the airport taking pictures of random "scenery."  










Can you believe there is a hotel inside the airport?  That was pretty cool to see.

When we tried to find where the bus service to the cruise terminal, we made a wrong turn that led me to a place I've had memories of for almost 20 years.  


Memory Alert:  Almost 20 years ago, I traveled down to Orlando for the College Program.  My first memory of my College Program is struggling with my luggage at Delta's baggage claim.  I was struggling to get my luggage to the Mears Shuttle Van.  The Mears Shuttle Van was going to take me to my new home - Vista Way.


So when we made that wrong turn, we found the baggage claim.  Amazingly it looked the same as it did on September 5, 1995.




Once I walked down memory lane and water dripped from my eyes, we made our way to where we would pick up the bus service to the Cruise terminal.  It was still too early for the bus so we decided to some breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts.

After getting our breakfast, we went back to the area where we were going to get the bus and just sat there.

Finally it was time for us to get checked in for the bus.  Hubby was "offered" a job as a Cast Member because he was a go getter while we were in line.  He helped a lady in a wheel chair get around the cue line.

While we were waiting, we talked to one Cast Member that was from Ohio.  I think they were from Springfield.  Another fellow cruiser was from Springboro.

Finally we got on the bus and traveled to the terminal.






Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.