I was having a craving for Earl of Sandwich. When I Googled Earl of Sandwich recipes, I found one that I decided to try. Oh my goodness, it ended up being yummo! Of course the boys didn't want to eat it with all the goodness on it so they had it as a plain sandwich.
|Turkey breast - Cooked and shredded|
Whole berry cranberry relish
Assembling the sandwiches:
|Place cranberry relish on one half of the roll and ranch dressing on the other.|
Place turkey over the ranch and the cheddar cheese over the relish. I ended up putting a little more ranch over the turkey.
Place the 2 halves together and then serve.
Copycat All American Sandwich
Adapted from Such the spot
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 turkey breasts
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. buttermilk ranch (homemade or store bought) per sandwich
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. whole berry cranberry relish per sandwich
- 1 slice cheddar cheese per sandwich
- 1 sandwich roll per sandwich (I used ciabatta rolls from Sam's Club.)
- Place the turkey breasts in a slow cooker. Sprinkle salt over the turkey breasts. Then cover with water.
- Cook the turkey breasts for 6 hours on low. Shred.
- Cut the rolls in half using a serrated knife.
- Place cranberry relish on one half and ranch on the other half.
- Place turkey over the ranch and the cheddar cheese over the cranberry relish. If you want to, add more ranch over the turkey.
- Place both sides together.