Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Staycation Spring 2015 part 1 (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)

This week I'm on spring break.  I'm not going anywhere so I decided to explore the Dayton area.  Some of the stops I'm making are places I've been before and others are new places to me.

On Saturday, Hubby took Crazy One and me to Chantilly Cream Dessert Shop in downtown Fairborn.  It's been a while since we had been there.  When the boys were real little, we used to go during my breaks.  I can remember Crazy One being a baby and us taking him with us.  This time, he was not excited about going.  He refused to eat any of the food.











On Sunday, Hubby and I left the boys with their grandma.  We went and got Zombie Dogz.  Zombie Dogz is a food truck that specializes in gourmet hot dogs.  They have such a following that when we got to the place they were parked on Sunday that the line went around the building.  It took us 1/2 hour to get our hot dogs but it was worth it.

The only problem is that it began to rain and sleet while we were waiting and then driving home.



Sliced and Diced - hot dog with mixed greens, goat cheese, pears, and candied almonds - Yum!

On Monday, I visited the Kettering/ Centerville area.

My first stop was Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market.  It's a new grocery store in the Dayton area.  I loved the bulk food area of the restaurant.  




Key Lime Yogurt Pretzels - Delicious!
Know-it-All knew that one of my stops would involve getting coffee.  Sure enough it did.  I stopped at a coffee place called Saxby's.  It was my first visit there.  I decided to try the Kit Kat Latte'.  Yum!
Next up was Trader Joe's.  I wanted to get some cookie butter and other snacks.

Then I hit Dorothy Lane Market for their Killer Brownies.  Delicious!  I got a Sea Salt Caramel and one that has cookie dough on it.  Hint:  They will cut it into halves or fourths if you ask.  Makes it easier to share.






Next on my list of places to visit is Bill's Donuts.  As soon as you walk up to the door, you can smell the doughnuts.  Pure deliciousness!  While I was there, I got creme horns which were one of my grandpa's favorite treats.  As I ate one yesterday, I thought of him.  :)




For lunch, I got Oink a Doodle Moo.  I got a pork sandwich with the vinegar sauce.  The side items I got with it were mac and cheese and green beans.  Yum!


  
For dinner, I made a meal that I don't make often because it takes some time to prepare.  I made homemade lasagna.  That was one of my grandma's signature dishes so it was another way to honor my family.


The day ended with Know-it-All cuddling with me.


I'll post more on my Spring Break staycation later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.