Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Ramblings - January 26

Welcome to a new week!  Yesterday was a dreary rainy day.  That is until it started to snow.  It turned into a snow day for us today.  Luckily we don't have what the Northeast is suppose to be getting.  However it's slick and just plain white out there.

Here are some pictures of the snow coming down:





And here's what it looks like outside right now:




Website/Blog I've found this week:

Cook the Story - She has a series on 15 minute soups.  I've made the chicken and noodle, chicken and dumplings, and bean and bacon soups.  It's taken me a little more than 15 minutes but not that much.

Food Prep:

On Saturday, I did our biweekly grocery shopping.  Afterwards I made some slow cooker packets to put in the freezer.  All I have to do is pull them out of the freezer and put in the slow cooker.  Easy peasy!

All of recipes comes from the Eat at Home blog:
Beef Shwarma
Italian Parmesan Herb Chicken with Potatoes (Didn't put the potatoes in the bag.  I'll add fresh ones when I cook the meal.  Potatoes don't hold well in the freezer.)
Chicken A La King
Pulled Pork

Boys:

They enjoy playing my Game Boy Color from 10 years ago.  It still uses regular AA batteries.  There are only a few games they can play.  Currently their favorite game is the first or second generation Sims Game.

Know-it-All has been watching Boy Meets World and Kim Possible.  He has to watch the Kim Possible shows on the computer.  He's now introduced Crazy One to the show.




Discoveries:

I found this picture last weekend.  

This was before the Sorcerer's Hat was put in.  Right now they are taking down the Sorcerer's Hat down in Hollywood Studios.  Many people are sad about it.  However, I like this view of Hollywood Blvd.  

The best part of this picture is that I'm in the picture.

Vlogs:


I've discovered Vlogs of College Program participants.  This is pretty cool because I get to remember parts of my program plus discover new areas of WDW.  

This is Amy.  She did her program in the fall of 2013.  Her vlogs are informative and funny.  Her best vlog is when she reenacted her family coming to visit.

I hope you enjoy my ramblings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.