Sunday, November 30, 2014

Elf For Health 2014 - Challenge #7 - Menu Plan and Prep

Today's challenge is to food prep and menu plan.

Most of this week's breakfasts and lunches are the same.  It's just easier this way.

Breakfasts this week:

3 x's - Gingerbread muffin, cheese stick, and fruit (either grapefruit, Cutie, or kiwi)
2 x's - Green smoothie, maybe a cheese stick or cottage cheese with it

Lunches this week:

1 x - Spinach salad, yogurt with frozen fruit also granola
4 x's - Ham and cheese sandwich, yogurt with frozen fruit also granola, veggies with hummus (If I don't eat the veggies with hummus for lunch, they will be my snack.)

With my dinners, I'm more specific on the days with the exception of Thursday and Friday.

Dinners:

Monday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Tomato Soup - My grilled cheese will be a Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

Tuesday - Left over turkey stir fry with rice, Thanksgiving leftover buffet

Wednesday - orange chicken, rice, veggies

Thursday - crock pot meal from the freezer

Friday - crock pot meal from the freezer

Here is a link to my menu plan with goals for this week:  Week of December 1st menu plan.

Here are some pictures of my prep:

Onions, Carrots, and Celery cooking up for the tomato soup

Onions cut up for Tuesday and Wednesday's meals - I also chopped up peppers for those meals.

Yogurt ready to go - I did the same thing with the hummus.


Boor's Head Ham and Lacey Swiss Cheese sandwich


Gingerbread Muffins

Some of the veggies ready to go for the week

Tomato soup cooking away

Tomato soup ready to go in the fridge




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.