Saturday, November 29, 2014

Elf For Health 2014 - Challenge #5 and 6 - Smoothie and Treat Yourself

Yesterday, I treated myself to a smoothie that I created last Thanksgiving.  I hadn't had it for a year so it was good to have it again.  

Tastes of Thanksgiving Green Smoothie (Click on the Link for the recipe.)
I did a few things differently.  I used all spinach because I had some to get rid of and instead of strawberries I used a mixture of frozen fruit (peaches, pineapple, strawberries).  It was delish!



Here is a picture of it almost gone.

Today's challenge was to treat yourself.  This September, I joined the Disney Alumni Association.  A group if fellow alumni decided to have a Secret Santa exchange.  The young lady I had to buy for was easy because all she asked for was something Disney.  Last Monday, I had seen some Disney ornaments in the price range of what we suppose to spend.  Know-it-All and I went to the store and got the ornament.  Then we mailed it so the young lady could enjoy it during the Christmas season.

While we were out, we stopped at Starbucks.  He got his favorite frappachino while I got a skinny gingerbread latte.  I've discovered I like the gingerbread lattes so much better than the mocha peppermint lattes.  Maybe it is because they don't put enough mint in the latte.  I'm one of those weird people who like mint in my lattes.

I enjoy spending one on one time with my children.  Even though, all Know-it-All did after going to the bookstore was read.  He found the latest How to Train a Dragon book there.  He was super excited with that find.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.