Monday, August 4, 2014

August 2014 Menu Plan

This year I'm at the school with the latest start time and the latest end time.  Hubby is going to have to be in charge of cooking dinner.  That means I have to still plan the meal and then write out specific instructions.  That could be a good thing or more of a problem.

One way I'm going to combat this issue is to have freezer meal slow cooker kits or other freezer kits.  Having those kits will help with getting the main dish cooked.  Then I have to only worry about the veggies and side dishes.  Hubby can handle the side dishes depending on the side dish.  I'll have to do the veggies because Hubby is not very pro vegetables.

Here are 2 websites I'm using to help me out with planning meals:

One is Evernote.  I used this website to help me create a list of what I have in the freezer.  I can put check boxes next to the item so I can check it off as soon as I've used that item.  The number of check boxes shows me how many of those items I have.  

Once I created the list, I went and printed it out and hung it up so I can visually see what's in the freezer.

It's free for a basic membership. 

Another is Plan to Eat.  I love this one because you can import recipes, plan out breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and create shopping lists.  You can type in prep notes.

I love it so much because it's easier to plan.  We had a dinner tonight out of the freezer.  I had put the recipe into my recipe book.  I was able to rate it with a 5 star so I'll be able to reference it easily when I'm creating freezer slow cooker kits.

This one costs $39 after a free month trial.  


Onto my menu plan for the month:

Week of August 4

  • Monday - BBQ Peach Pulled Pork, Roasted potatoes, and corn on the cob
  • Tuesday - Maple Mustard Pork Roast, Mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob
  • Wednesday - BBQ Weenies, chips, raw veggies
  • Thursday - Chicken kebobs, pasta, green beans
  • Friday - left overs
  • Saturday - Pineapple teriyaki chicken, rice, veggies
Week of August 11
  • Monday - Hamburger, French fries, raw veggies
  • Tuesday - Rosemary Parmesan chicken and sweet peppers kebobs, pasta, veggie
  • Wednesday - Philly Cheese Steak in the Slow Cooker, Roasted potatoes, veggies
  • Thursday - Honey Mustard Pork Chops, Rice or mashed potatoes, veggies
  • Friday - Tacos, Mexican rice, veggies
  • Saturday - leftovers
Week of August 18
  • Monday - Sweet and Sour Meatballs, rice, and veggie
  • Tuesday - Homemade pizza, raw veggies
  • Wednesday - Hawaiian meatloaf, rice, veggie
  • Thursday - Roast with tomato gravy, roasted potatoes, veggie
  • Friday - Pulled pork gyro, raw cucumbers, chips, Greek salad for me
  • Saturday - left overs
Week of August 25 (Create new freezer meal kits.)
  • Monday - Mediterranean chicken in slow cooker, pasta, Italian Parmesan bites, salad
  • Tuesday - Easy Crockpot beef fajitas, chips, and salsa
  • Wednesday - Teriyaki pork chops with red pepper and pineapple in the slow cooker, rice, and peas
  • Thursday - Chicken Shwarma in slow cooker, ranch veggie salad, chips
  • Friday - Italian Parmesan Herb and Potatoes in slow cooker, veggies
  • Saturday - left overs

If you notice, I don't have any meals planned for Sunday.  We eat at my mother-in-law's house on Sundays.  Sometimes I'll cook the dinner and sometimes she will cook the dinner.  Or other times, Hubby will go and get dinner for us.  It all depends on what is going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.