Thursday, June 19, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Nine Years Ago . . .

Nine years ago today was Father's Day.  I started to show early signs of labor and was very uncomfortable.

That Tuesday, we went out to the Girl Scout camp and walked around.  There was a big hill by the main building.  I walked down it to the hollow tree that was in the back of the property.  Hubby refused to allow me to climb into the hollow tree because he didn't want me to get stuck.

After visiting the Girl Scout camp, we went to Young's Dairy which is one of our favorite places.  I was in a lot of pain by that point.  We also thought my water had broken so we went to the doctor's to be checked out.  My water had not broken but they said I was going to have Crazy One very soon.

Know-It-All and I took a walk that evening.  I had to stop every 10 steps or so because I was having contractions.  Know-It-All was 23 months old.  He was very sweet during that walk.

The next day I went to Walmart to use a gift certificate.  I started to have real contractions there so I went home and laid down.  The contractions were coming frequently.  So Hubby dialed the number to the doctors but had me talk to the doctor when I could barely talk or walk at that point.

Once we got to the hospital, the doctor told me that I was in active labor and wasn't going anywhere.  I labored at the hospital for about 7 hours before Crazy One was born at 38 weeks and 1 day.  

It was a good thing he was born then because he had a true knot in his cord and probably wouldn't have made it if I remained pregnant.

June 22, 2005 at 22:22 was a day that changed our lives.  It became a little more Crazy at our house but I wouldn't change a thing.

Happy birthday Crazy One!



He was 11 days old in this picture.  This picture was taken the day before his official due date.

For other Throwback Thursday stories, visit Mom Creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.