Monday, June 9, 2014

Listicles - Top 10 Music Videos

Welcome to Ramblings of my Crazy Life!

This week's listicles are top 10 music videos.  I love all types of music.  Okay maybe not all types but I like different genres.

Funny story:

On Friday morning, we were getting ready to go to King's Island.  One of the students told me that she didn't want to sit with me because I listen to music from the 1880's.  Not the 1980's but the 1880's.

Onto my top 10 favorite music videos:


#10 | Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker's Don't Come Around Here No More

Hubby loves Tom Petty.  He introduced me to his music and I fell in love with the song.  Even though this video is crazy, I love it.

#9 | D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's Summertime



Drum's please!  

I love how this song reminds me of what summer is.  I'm so ready for my summer to begin!

#8 | D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's Parent's Just Don't Understand

This was the first music video I ever saw.  The year was 1988 and I was going to be a jr. bridesmaid in my aunt's wedding.  The hotel had cable something we didn't have at our house.  I watched this video and Gun's and Roses' Sweet Child o' Mine.  

#7 | Aerosmith's Amazing

I have 2 absolute favorite artists.  One is Pink and the other is Aerosmith.  I've been in love with Aerosmith for almost 20 years.  

I love the lyrics of this song especially "Life is a journey not a destination."  In fact, I changed up the lyric a little and named my portfolio for my student teaching as "Education is a journey."

#6 | Alanis Morrisette's You Ought to Know


This was a popular song in 1995, the year I was in Disney.  Anytime I hear the song and see the video, it reminds me of my internship.  I remember one of my co-workers, Kenny, and I discussing this song when he drove me home after one of my shifts.

#5 | Pink's Just Like a Pill

I keep telling Hubby I think I love Pink because she doesn't care what people think of her.  I also love her athleticism.  

Just Like a Pill was the first song I really loved of hers.  Whenever I hear it, the volume on my radio is turned up and I sing along with the song.

#4 | Matchbox Twenty's Push


This song came out in 1997, the year Hubby and I started dating.  We would meet in a place called the Bike Shop on the college campus where we met.  This song played over the loudspeakers in the Bike Shop.  It reminds me of the time we met.  (No he never pushed me around.)  

I absolutely love Rob Thomas' voice.

I also love this song of his.



#3 | Aerosmith's I Don't Want to Miss a Thing



I would sing this song to Crazy One when he was an infant.  So whenever I hear this song, I think of when Crazy One was an infant.

#2 | Pink's Get the Party Started



At the end of my pregnancy with Know-It-All, I was getting anxious about the birth.  I would listen to this song and sing it to him.  I was ready to get the party started so I could see my little baby boy.  He ended up being born 4 days after his due date.  

#1 | Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise



This is another song from when I did my internship down in Disney.  The majority of my roommates were international.  They kept asking me what the lyrics meant.  So anytime I hear this song, I think of my time down Disney.

Some honorable mentions:

Chris Tomlin's Our God

Bon Jovi's Bed of Roses



Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me

Trace Adkins' Rough and Ready

Dierks Bentley's What Was I Thinking?

As you can see a lot of the videos were songs that had a special meaning to me.

Next week's listicle is top 10 plans for the summer.

Please check out my posts from our visit to Walt Disney World, Saturday's post and Sunday's post.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.