Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Finish This - Week 7 for Me

This week I feel as though my answers to the prompts are not as exciting as before.  It's been a busy week with Harry Potter Camp for Crazy One last week and Know-it-All this week.  We celebrated Crazy One's birthday at the zoo on Sunday.

We also have Vacation Bible School in the evenings this week.  On Monday, we started out to Vacation Bible School when it started storming.  That was the craziest 3 miles on the highway - construction zone so no shoulder, car tailgating me, wind at first but then it because to rain sideways and fiercely, and a sign from the construction flew across the road in front of me.  I quickly got off at the first exit, got to a gas station, and messaged the leader of the Vacation Bible School to let her know that we were not going to be there.

We got to the Vacation Bible School yesterday.  There was another storm and I sat in my car and watched the rain.  I had wanted to go to an outdoor mall while they were at VBS but with the possibility of rain, I opted to just sit in my car and listen to a Beth Moore Bible lesson instead.  I eventually was able to go to a local CVS and just walk around for a while.

Onto my answers to my prompts:

I have a quarter to use a pay phone, I would call . . . First of all it would be back in the 90's because I haven't used a pay phone since then.  The person I called the most on the pay phone was my mom so that's who I would probably call.

I found $25 in my pocket, I would buy . . .
Some new clothes for myself.  I haven't bought any new clothes for myself since my Easter dress.

Or I would go to the Second Street Market and go buy some goodies from there.  They have yummy food there. 

Here are some scrambled eggs that I made from farm fresh eggs that I bought at the Second Street Market.


I have 25 minutes to watch anything on TV, I turn on . . . a Friends episode so I can laugh or maybe A Different World episode.  I don't watch much TV so this prompt was difficult to answer.

A meal I can prepare, from to start to finish, in 25 minutes or less is . . .  Spaghetti with garlic bread . . . There are other meals that I could make in less than 25 minutes.  Spaghetti with garlic bread is the one answer I came up with.  

At the age of 25, I wish I had known . . .  
That 14 years later, I would still be working for the same school district that hired me at 25.  

I wish I had known that I would be working with all grades from first to eighth grade and would have to move buildings or rooms multiple times.  

I wish I had known that when I got pregnant with both boys 

would be traveling between 2 buildings during both pregnancies.  

I wish I would have known what wonderful boys I would give birth to 3 and 5 years after turning 25.

If I drove 25 miles from my house, I would be . . .  

If I went east, I would be at Boston Stoker in the town I lived at from the ages of 10 to 12.  It's also the town next to where I work.  (Boston Stoker is a coffee house that has delicious coffees.)

If I went 25 miles to the east on the interstate, I would be at the exit where there is a Sonic that I can't find.  I've gone both ways off the exit and still cannot find the Sonic that is supposedly there.  

If I went 25 miles to the north, I would be close to where there is a big strawberry festival every year.  I've only attended it once.

If I went 25 miles to the south, I would be in the town where there is a metro park that has a butterfly garden.  I can't wait to go to that butterfly garden next month.  Hopefully, there will be butterflies there than last year.

Next week's prompts:

Prompts for WEEK 26 (July 2) are:It’s never too late …
I compare myself to others …
My personality is …
I can …
I embrace change …







6 comments:

  1. Love your answers, Traci. You've got to find that Sonic, not that I patron there anymore since eliminating caffeine and sugar from my diet (ohhhhh if I could get me hands on a Route 44 extra cherry Coke I might go into sugar coma), but everybody must have a Sonic they can get to. It sounds like it's in a terrible location though, which is dumb on their part. Mmmm spaghetti sounds so good. Yes it's 7:30 in the morning and I'm craving spaghetti. No, I'm not pregnant. HA!

    Thanks for joining the link-up. Share with your friends, let's grow this thing. Good luck in the giveaway too!

    Hugs,
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when the exit says they have a place but you can never find it. Especially if you get your hopes up for eating that specific food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Sonic pretty close to my house that we frequent. I'm not big on the food but the drinks are great.

    When I was trying to find the Sonic, we were on the way home from the zoo which 70 miles northeast of where we live. We wanted to stop somewhere and get food to eat. I could not find that Sonic at all. So we ended up going to an exit a few more miles down the road and got Rally's instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Traci! My answers this week were short & sweet. I sure do miss the show Friends! We watch re-runs all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh w the Sonic that you can't find... I would be going crazy because Sonic is my addiction! Once time I was looking high and low for a Mcdonalds and the GPS said it was there so it had to be true , right? BUT it was no where... come to find out.. it was inside the Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me hungry - between the eggs, and the spaghetti + garlic bread, and the mysterious Sonic, I suddenly want a snack! Good luck finding that place, I hate when Google maps lets me down...

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.