Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Finish This . . . Week 6




This week I received the most unexpected news.  One of the most beloved teachers in our district retired as of last Wednesday afternoon.  On Saturday morning, she had a heart attack and died.  I found out Sunday via Facebook.  

All of my coworkers are saddened and shocked by this news.

A. was a real teacher.  She planned with her students in mind.  Her lessons were full of creativity and thinking outside of the box.  She had a passion for life and a love for her 2 daughters and granddaughters.  A. will be missed by her fellow co-workers and former students.

Please send us good thoughts and/or prayers on Thursday evening as we pay tribute to her legacy.





I could spend all day doing absolutely nothing.  This happens once in a while.




My primary and essential goal in life is to leave sort of legacy when I'm gone from this Earth.  I want to be remembered as someone who made a positive impact on a person's life whether it be a big or small impact.  So that's how I live my life.

My other goal in life is to be happy.

My third goal in life is live my life with no apologizes for who I am.  I'm Traci, believer of Christ, coffee drinker, Disney fanatic, wishes she could be more spontaneous, mother, wife, daughter, aunt, teacher, nature lover, and amateur photographer.  I have moments in my past that I wish I could redo but some of those moments have given me the best stories.  

You might be surprised to learn that I was a mime when I was a teenager.  Say what?  Our church had a clown troop for a little bit of time.  They decided the person who talked the most should be the mime so I would be quiet.  Didn't work.  

I actually have a pic of me as a clown somewhere but I'm not going to hunt for it.

My favorite place in the world is Walt Disney World.  It should be obvious because I talk about that place all the time.  When I worked there in '95, it was my first time away from home.  I had to learn how to live on my own.  It was scary but I did it.  For that reason and because of the magic, I absolutely love Walt Disney World.  

I wish I had known sooner . . . How important communication is.  This past week I found one of my friends from when we were on the college program in Walt Disney World.  I'm not going into details but there was a lack of communication on our part.  For almost 18.5 years, I thought this person had disliked me.  If we had only communicated back then, I would have found out the person did not dislike me.  

Some of my best Disney memories are with this person.  I tell the stories all the time. If we had communicated, we could have been great friends for the past 18.5 years.


Here's next week's prompts:

I have a quarter to use a pay phone, I call ….
I found $25 in my pocket, I buy …
I have 25 minutes to watch anything on TV, I turn on …
A meal I can prepare, from start to finish. in 25 minutes or less is …
At the age of 25, I wish I had known …
If I drove 25 miles (direction) from my house, I’d be in ..


2 comments:

  1. Love Disney World! Although I haven't been there for many years. Would love to go back someday. I hear you on the communication thing. I struggle with that too sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Traci, thoughts and prayers for your friend and fellow teacher. How sad and sudden for her loss. She sounds like an amazing woman and educator, we need more of those in this world.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.