Sunday, September 23, 2012

Don't show me that

I keep saying I need to write a book about my teaching experiences because some of my experiences are down right humorous. Other experiences are sad and sometimes hurtful. I've also had those moments of pure joy and moments where I'm so proud of the student(s) for their accomplishments.

This is one of those just plain weird/this just did not happen moments. (For confidentiality sake no names will be mentioned.).

Every morning I have arrival duty. I stand in the main hall telling students to walk on the right hand side, to lower their voices, put away electronic devices, and to have a good morning. This morning several of the students needed to talk to me about this or that. At one point, I had 3 students waiting to talk to me. When I got to the third student, he told me that he was still not feeling good and he got sick on the bus. In my head, I'm thinking okay, what do you want me to do?

Then he did the ultimate. He showed me a white plastic grocery bag with some sort of liquid in it. You got it. He was showing me his barf bag. I immediately averted my eyes and told him to head to the office.

It was 7 in the morning and I was showed a barf bag. My day had to get better after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.