Monday, August 13, 2012

90's music Monday - "You Oughta Know"

This song was popular in '95 when I was completing my internship at Walt Disney World. 

I didn't have a car down there because I didn't drive at that time.  Even if I could drive, I really wouldn't have wanted to have a car because it would have been a pain.  To get around they had a shuttle system to the different parks. You paid a small fee to utilize this service.  However, it was very limited at times.  Since it ran during certain hours, you had find another way to get to home or your destination during the off hours.  The other issue was it only took you to certain places.  The only grocery store that was on the shuttle system was Publix.  I can remember it being expensive. 

One time I needed a ride home, I rode home with Phil.  He was such a comedian.  I remember just laughing when he was around because he had such a natural talent for comedy.  "You Oughta Know" was playing on his car's radio.  We got into a discussion about how Alanis Morrisette was in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the fact this song was full of such angst.  Now whenever I hear this song, I remember this conversation.


Later I found out, she had written this song about the relationship and break up with Dave Coulier.  If you don't know who he is, he was Uncle Joey on "Full House."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.