Saturday, July 28, 2012

How I stood on a ledge 1,353 feet in the air and survived

Hubby and I took our first vacation without the boys two years ago when we went to St. Louis, Missouri.  This year we decided to take a slightly longer vacation.  We traveled to Chicago, Wisconsin, and Iowa. 

While in Chicago, we decided to visit the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower).  It's the tallest sky scraper in Chicago.  Willis Tower is the tallest sky scraper in the Western Hemisphere and the 8th tallest in the world.  It has 110 floors and stands at a 1,450 feet tall.  People can visit the Skydeck which is 103rd floor in the building.

When Hubby and I got to the 103rd floor, we found the views remarkable.  You could see for miles and miles.  Hubby really wanted to stand on the sky deck's ledge which is a pexiglass box without one of the walls.  While standing on it, it's like you are standing in midair.  It is totally not my cup of tea.  Before deciding if I wanted to attempt to get on the ledge, I prayed to God that he protect over me.  I approached the ledge and timidly put my toes on the ledge.  Then an Asian lady motioned for me and handed me her camera.  She wanted me to take pictures in different areas of the ledge.  Before I knew it, I was on the ledge.  There was no going back because I had braved my fear of falling and stood on the ledge 1,353 feet in the air.  And I survived with a story to tell.

Here are some pictures.  Okay really it's like 20 pictures.  Enjoy the view!





















1 comment:

  1. I love that you blog your crazy life! It is so fun to read, and even though I am far away, I can feel like a part of your (crazy)life. I am proud of you for conquering your fear and stepping out in faith. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you visited my site and enjoyed the stories about my crazy life.